Monday, October 29, 2012

CupCake Lab in The Podium

It was just a craving. A craving that got us on our feet, into the car and started driving to The Podium in Ortigas Center.

CupCake Lab is a month old cupcake company in Ortigas Center. We had tried their cupcake once during a company event and ever since, we have been wanting to try their other flavors. Checking CupCake Lab out on the internet, we were able to get their phone number and their location and in a few minutes we were on our way there.

When I got to the stall of CupCake Lab on the second level of The Podium my eyes widened with excitement as I looked at the selection of cupcakes. Funny, I was ordering fast even though the sales girl was still attending to a customer. Rude huh, but that was how I felt when I saw their cupcakes. I felt that I needed to stuff one inside my mouth fast. They all looked yummy, sweet and of course 100% high in calories, but who cares? Right in front of me were hundreds of cupcakes screaming at me, saying"pick me, pick me".

I was asked to get 3 flavors but I felt that I wanted to try them all. They have a wide selection and their cupcakes come in regular and mini sizes. Confused on what to get, I asked the sales girl. She recommended their best sellers: the Red Velvet, the Ferrero and the Almond Cookie. I asked her to give me their freshest ones and she smilingly said that all cupcakes are made fresh daily but she will definitely give me the "freshest" of all. Like getting a delicate glassware wrapped, she put on her plastic hand glove and carefully got my orders and gently put them in boxes. After meticulously securing them with tapes, she slowly put them in a nice paper bag and smilingly handed it over.

At home, we acted like kids who got their first Christmas gifts under the tree, when we literally tore open the box and stuffed our mouths with the cupcakes. 

Wow! All we can say was that the cupcakes were simply amazing. They were very soft and very moist, unlike any other. The sweetness of the Red Velvet will go up to your head and will definitely make you feel like you're in cloud nine. Both the Ferrero and the Almond Cookie were fantastic too! Our friends who have tried these cupcakes were right when they said that you will keep on eating until the box is empty. Well, that's what really happened. In just a few minutes and maybe a thousand calories later, everything was really gone. 

So forget about your diet for a day and come to CupCake Lab and their cupcakes. By the way they deliver to your door steps too.


The Red Velvet

The Ferrero

The Almond Brownie Cupcake


Here is their Flavor List (Image courtesy of CupCake Lab facebook page):


Their address and contact details: (Image as seen on the paper bag).

                                   

Visit their facebook page at: CupcakeLab


© Copyright. All Rights Reserved by icorodulfo2012

2 comments:

  1. Tried them all and my favorite is Red Velvet!!! Yummmmeeeeee!

    ReplyDelete